Re: [css-grid] Resolve Intrinsic Track Sizes: min-content vs auto minimums

From: Sergio Villar Senin <svillar@igalia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:00:32 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On 21/01/16 04:30, fantasai wrote:

>> 3) width: auto; min-width: 0px;
>> 3.A) grid-template-columns: auto;        => Column's width: 0px;
>> 3.B) grid-template-columns: min-content; => Column's width: 50px;
>
> Not 100% sure on 3.A. It might be 50px. 'auto' as a size generally
> passes down any min/max-content constraints, and passes up through
> it the min/max-content contribution. The min-content contribution
> of the grid item is still 50px, even if its min-width is zero.

In order to be consistent with the other use cases I think it should be
0px (that's how it works also in Blink and WebKit), you even said it in
a reply to Mats:

"If all items in a grid track have 'width: auto; min-width: 0',
then an 'auto' track size will result in a base track size of 0."

So I guess after your replies the use cases are pretty clear now. Thank
you for devoting time to this!

BR