Re: box-shadow offset when transform:rotate is used

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:

>> On Feb 19, 2016, at 16:39, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think it's very easy at all to do an actual late shadow -
>> transforms happen fairly late in the process. But then, I could be
>> wrong - an implementor with more knowledge of their painting
>> subsystems would have to answer.
>
> Transforms happen late, but I don't think there is anything that depends
> on shadows happening early. This may not be the way it is implemented now,
> but I don't see any obvious reason why shadows (at least box shadows)
> couldn't be generated just as late.
>
> But I too could be wrong, and would like to hear from a painting/compositing
> implementor :)

Thinking a bit of it, I guess a difficulty could be, impls would
probably need an additional layer for the transformed shadow in this
case. It doesn't seem to me this could be very hard, but whether it's
worth is another question.

I could be wrong as well, since I'm not mainly working on painting/compositing.

- Xidorn