Re: box-shadow offset when transform:rotate is used

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 16:54:54 +0900
Cc: mail@christianmayer.de, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On Feb 19, 2016, at 16:39, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't think it's very easy at all to do an actual late shadow -
> transforms happen fairly late in the process. But then, I could be
> wrong - an implementor with more knowledge of their painting
> subsystems would have to answer.

Transforms happen late, but I don't think there is anything that depends
on shadows happening early. This may not be the way it is implemented now,
but I don't see any obvious reason why shadows (at least box shadows)
couldn't be generated just as late.

But I too could be wrong, and would like to hear from a painting/compositing
implementor :)

 - Florian