Re: [css-color] wider/deeper colors

> On Feb 17, 2016, at 04:54, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On 17 Feb 2016, at 6:49 AM, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Tab,
>>
>> Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 7:53:29 PM, you wrote:

>>> Dont' worry about the existing CSS4 color() function, it's badly
>>> designed and I need to overhaul it, and the name isn't necessarily
>>> claimed.
>>
>> Oh, good to know. (And I agree it is nice functionality but needs
>> work).
>>
>> OK, I claim color() so we don't have to call it icc-color() and upset
>> people.
>
> I think we're now settled on color() for the function name, color-gamut
> for the media-query name, and color-profile for the @rule that links
> to an ICC profile.

Agree on the first two. As for the @rule, should it be color-space instead
of color-profile, since some spaces (CIELAB, CIEXYZ) are be defined without
a profile?

Or is this distinction not important to make, or am I making it at the
wrong place?

> Good work team!

Not so fast... We can't be done bikeshedding nearly this early. :)