Re: [css-grid] step zero in 10.5

On 2016-04-12 00:50, fantasai wrote:
> On 02/28/2016 05:32 PM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>> I think the added "reordered together with any grid item children"
>> part adds confusion because it suggests that grid items are affected
>> by abs.pos. box order somehow (or vice versa) which isn't the case.
>> These two types of boxes can be sorted orthogonally.
>
> I'm not sure what "orthogonally" means here, maybe "independently"?

Yes, I meant independently.

> But no, they cannot be sorted independently: the abspos items
> interleave with the in-flow grid items in the z-order. The note
> is here to call this out...
>
> However, it appears that no implementation does this, so we
> should maybe remove it from the spec. ^_^ We've filed this
> as a separate issue.

Firefox implements order-modified document order for grid-aligned
abs.pos. descendants, for example:
https://people.mozilla.org/~mpalmgren/tests/grid/grid-abs-order.html

So I'm not sure what you mean by "no implementation does this".
Can you provide a test that shows what we are doing wrong please?

Thanks,
Mats