[css-flexbox] How should scrollbars affect flex item sizing?

From: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@google.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:45:33 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Hi!

I would like to request some clarification in the flexbox spec on how
the presence/absence of scrollbars should affect flex item sizing,
especially with overflow: auto.

Specifically:
- Presumably the hypothetical main size should include the scrollbar,
ie. to compute the hypothetical main size of an overflow: auto item we
have to lay it out and add the scrollbar size?

- If, after flexing, a scrollbar becomes necessary or is no longer
necessary I assume that this won't affect the outer size of the flex
item and will just lead to a bigger/smaller content size of the item?

- I haven't traced fully through the intrinsic size algorithms for
this question but I assume they should lead to scrollbars being
included the respective sizes

thanks!
-Christian