Irregular grid-column-gap / grid-row-gap?

From: Ariel Wiznia <wiznia@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 12:09:17 -0300
To: www-style@w3.org
I was just thinking it would be cool if we could specify different values
for each gap without having to put them explicitly on the grid-tempate-rows
or grid-template-columns property.

Would it be possible to maybe set the values of each gap like so?:

grid-row-gap: 10px 20px;

In this example we are setting the first gap to be 10px and the second one
to be 20px. I think this would be a really good way to deal with irregular
gap grids that don't always have the same size.

What do you guys think?