Re: [css-snappoints] feedback on alternate model draft

On 09/01/2015 10:55 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-snap/
>
> Basically it seems good. Obviously I prefer the box-oriented model.
>
> This draft lacks a processing model and that leaves many
> ambiguities about which snappoints are actually relevant
> to each snapping container, and how those snappoints are
> actually used to affect scrolling.
>
> This draft is silent on the issue of what happens with
> dynamic changes to the layout.

Okay, we've updated the proposal with as many details as we
could think of, and also went through the emails on the list
to make sure we either fixed everything we could or compiled
them as issues to discuss:
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-snap/issues-by-issue <- issues list
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-snap/ <- draft

> The use-cases for "group-based snapping" aren't very clear.
> Nor is the behavior of the group snapping properties. I
> basically have no idea what group snapping is for. It seems
> to me that for the use-cases cited, proximity scrolling of
> individual items would work just as well. One way to resolve
> this would to just drop group snapping from level 1.

Done. (Dropped.)

~fantasai