Re: [css-overflow] overflow-x, overflow-y and tables

From: Robert Hogan <robhogan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:10:20 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org, David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
HI all,

Could I get some direction on this? Is the exclusion of tables from
overflow-x and overflow-y by confining them to block-containers deliberate?
Maybe I'm just being dumb and overflow-x and overflow-y can apply safely to
the 'table wrapper box', it's just the table box inside it that's excluded
by the language 'In CSS 2.2, a block-level box is also a block container
box unless it is a table box or the principal box of a replaced element.'

It's hard to tell what the intention is and I'd like to make Blink do the
right thing here.

Thanks,
Robert