Re: [css-round-display] What is the % in device-radius relative to?

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Hyojin Song <hyojin22.song@lge.com> wrote:
> On 08 Oct 2015, 07:43 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. < jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The spec says that %s in the 'device-radius'  media feature are
>> resolved "proportional to the diameter of the screen".  Rectangles
>> don't have diameters, tho.  What dimension should it be resolved off
>> of?
>>
>> (I suspect width.)
>
> %s in the 'device-radius' have relevance to a horizontal radius and a vertical radius of the screen according to the length of width and height of the screen each. Thus I modified the expression from diameter to width and height, and added more.
>
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-round-display/#device-radius-media-feature

This doesn't work; it assumes that the length/percentage is identical
in both dimensions.  If they're different, it's still undefined.

Take an elliptical screen.  It's 50% in both dimensions, but the
<length>s are different.  Or take a square screen whose corners are
elliptical.  Here, neither the <length> nor the <percentage> are the
same across the two dimensions.

You need to define a *single* way of measuring the size of the screen
and the size of the curve, so we can resolve the <length> and
<percentage> unambiguously.