Re: [css-align] implementability of computed value rules for align/justify-self/items

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:32:37 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 10/08/2015 04:17 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Right; I'm not averse to fixing it, I'm just making sure I
> *understand* it.  When something's been around for a while, and people
> just point out problems in the revamped version of it [...]

(For the record, bz did express some abstract concerns back in 2012 when
"flex-item-align:auto" special-cases were being discussed:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012May/0464.html

I recall weakly objecting as well, though I can't find the thread at the
moment & I think I didn't push back too hard once we came up with the
hack that makes it mostly-work in Gecko).

~Daniel