Re: [css-align] implementability of computed value rules for align/justify-self/items

On Thursday 2015-10-08 19:07 -0400, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> >I just want to make sure that I actually understand the issue here,
> >and that it's not something new and unique to the Alignment spec that
> >I'm not seeing.
>
> It's not unique, but it's an antipattern if you want this stuff to be able
> to be optimized well, and just because we made a mistake once doesn't mean
> we should make it again.

I think it may be unique to properties currently in css-align,
although one of the six problematic properties was problematic back
when it was in flexbox.

(When 'currentColor' was not a computed value, it was also present
for 'border-color' and 'outline-color', though.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.