Re: [css-break] Breaking inside an inline-block element?

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 22:10:23 -0400
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>, François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>
On 01/13/2014 06:35 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> I think we shouldn't break inside inline-blocks (unless of course
> they have fragmentainers of their own inside them).

Okay, I've clarified that
   a) monolithic elements trap forced breaks
   b) inline-level formatting context roots may be treated as monolithic

   # Such content is considered monolithic: it contains no possible break
   # points. <ins>Any forced breaks within such boxes therefore cannot
   # split the box, and must therefore also be ignored by the box’s own
   # fragmentation context.</ins>
   # ...
   # Since line boxes contain no possible break points, inline-block and
   # inline-table boxes (and other inline-level display types that
   # establish a new formatting context) may also be considered monolithic.

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-break/#possible-breaks

Let me know if this looks okay, or if I should tweak any of the wording
further.

Thanks~
~fantasai