Re: [css-images] API for authors to request concrete object size & position, for replaced element w/ "object-fit"/"object-position"

On 10/07/2015 10:08 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> I would add a new box type to CSSBoxType in GeometryUtils, e.g. "object",
>> representing the object rectangle. This would let you use getBoxQuads and
>> coordinate conversion methods without any additoinal API surface.
>
> Agreed.

Thanks! I wasn't familiar with GeometryUtils, but its getBoxQuads method
(with a new CSSBoxType) does indeed seem like a good way forward.

I'll play around a bit and will perhaps propose a cssom-view spec change
for this.

~Daniel