[css-grid] A few questions on Grid gutters (grid-column-gap, grid-row-gap, and grid-gap properties)

From: Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 17:13:42 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
I'm about to implement Grid gutters in Gecko and I have a few questions
on the spec text[1] (in quotes below):

"Name: 'grid-row-gap', 'grid-column-gap'
  Value: <length>"

Are negative values allowed?
(if not, please say so explicitly)

"Animatable: no"

Why not? (it seems trivial to support for a <length> value)

"Name: 'grid-gap'
  Initial: normal"

What does "normal" mean here?  Shouldn't this instead say
"see individual properties" as usual for shorthands?
I'd prefer that, because it simplifies the implementation
to not have to support the "normal" keyword and I don't see
what benefit it brings.

[1]
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#gutters

Thanks,