Re: Standards growth and complexity

Ideal CSS would be no CSS..
We want to style the web with maximal efficiency and semantic,
but keep easiness and accessibility for everyone who is new — as it was last 20 years.

Every new property increases the learning curve (what is very bad),
but also almost every new property makes the language more semantic
and makes CSS a better tool for solving problems.

In general I agree,
radical simplification is not a solution — but neither a radical complexity.
If CSS’ve grown from 53 to over 300 properties,

the question is — does every one particular prop make the language better,
or we are just too enthusiastic about the possibility that "we can” add the fanciness.