Re: Standards growth and complexity

From: Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 12:46:02 -0400
To: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>, jens.meiert@gmail.com
Cc: W3C WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
Le 2015-05-18 10:53, Jens Oliver Meiert a écrit :
> A few concerns about the growth of CSS &c.:
> http://meiert.com/en/blog/20150518/fing-up-standards/.
>
> Personally I’ve been concerned about this for some time—from my view
> common HTML and CSS code gets worse by the hour, with problems
> typically being addressed by what caused them in the first place: new
> features. (This is a generalization, but you get my drift.)

Jens Oliver,

Overall, I very much agree with everything you wrote. In particular:
"
implementations become heavier, slower, and more error-prone, and code
itself becomes more convoluted and complicated, for many web developers
chase the latest and scramble for shortcuts, while few take the time to
review and optimize techniques.
"

jQuery and Bootstrap are definitely not the solution. To me, jQuery and
Bootstrap are the problem.

Gérard