Re: [css-align][css-flexbox] Should 'justify-content: stretch' compute to or behave like 'start'?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:40:27 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
message-id: <554946DB.3050708@mozilla.com>
On 05/05/2015 02:37 PM, fantasai wrote:
> This is a good point. I think the question boils down to, should
> 'justify-content: stretch' compute to 'start' on flex containers,
> or should it compute to itself but behave like 'start'? I'm not
> sure what the right convention is here.

When one property can't compute its value without inspecting another
property's computed value ("display" in this case), that adds complexity
to implementations.

All things being equal, I'd suggest erring on the side of simplicity
(avoiding inter-property dependencies) -- so, I'd lean towards your
second option, i.e. having stretch compute to itself, and simply
interpret the value differently for flex containers.