Re: [css3-background][css-writing-modes] background-position:bottom to root elements

Le 2015-03-26 09:55, Koji Ishii a écrit :
> Gérard and I are a little in trouble understanding expected behavior,
> appreciate advices.
>
> First question is hopefully easy; see this test file[1]. I suppose, in
> all browsers, you’ll see a cat NOT touching the bottom of the window.
> Is this the expected behavior? I read “The Canvas Background and the
> Root Element”[2], and it reads to me that this is correct, but
> experts’ confirmation appreciated.
>
> The second question is when "writing-mode: vertical-rl" is applied to
> this document.
>
> My understanding is, given the definition above, “background-position:
> right” touches the right edge of the window, while “left” does not.
> And if “writing-mode: vertical-lr”, “left” touches the left edge,
> while “right” does not.
>
> Am I reading the Background spec correctly?
>
> [1] http://jsbin.com/vuzajo/1/edit?html,css,output
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-backgrounds-3/#root-background
>
> /koji

Koji,

I propose these 3 interactive DHTML demos to help you figure out matters
pertaining to writing-mode and background-position:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/BackgroundPosition-horizontal-tb-dhtml.html

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/BackgroundPosition-vertical-rl-dhtml.html

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/BackgroundPosition-vertical-lr-dhtml.html

Note that, when you set height or width to 100%, this is the content
area of <html> element. Since I wanted to create a border around the
scrollbar.

Also, note that it seems impossible to dynamically modify writing-mode
in Chrome and in Firefox. At least, I could not figure out how.

Gérard