[css-transforms] Specifying different transitions properties for different transform functions

From: Zacqary Adam Xeper <zxeper@fastcompany.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 22:14:45 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Hi everyone. I've run into a problem working with CSS transitions on the
transform property: I'd like to specify a different transition-duration and
transition-timing-function for transform: scale() and transform:
translate(). Unfortunately, the only thing I'm allowed to do is:

transition: transform 0.5s;

What I'd like to be able to do is something like:

transition: scale 0.5s, translate 0.3s;

Obviously that's not the best syntax for it, given that scale and translate
are functions, not properties. But I haven't seen this discussed and I
think it's worth looking into. I'd like to be able to have this kind of
control with a standard library instead of having to render to <canvas> or
something.

Zacqary Adam Xeper
Web Developer, Fast Company
7 World Trade Center