Re: [css-grid] How to resolve lines for absolutely positioned grid items

On 26/03/15 10:46, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>> There are no abspos grid items. ^_^
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-grid/#abspos-items
> The very title of 9.4 is "Absolutely-positioned Grid Items"
> so you started it :-p
>
> I don't think it's such a bad term.  We need something shorter
> than "an absolutely positioned element who's containing block
> is generated by a grid container".  The spec just needs to state
> clearly that such items do not affect the formation of the
> implicit grid in any way.  I think it's good that the term
> includes "grid item" because much of the spec defines how grid
> items behave.  For example, "Placing Grid Items":
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-grid/#placement
> Why should that chapter apply to abs.pos. if they are not grid
> items?
>
> I don't feel strongly about it though - I'll use whatever term
> the spec uses ;-)

I already suggested [1] to use "9.4. Absolutely-positioned Grid
Container Children" in order to match with section "4.3. Static Position
of Grid Container Children".

My 2 cents,
  Rego

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Dec/0362.html