Re: [cssom][css-cascade][css-fonts] Serialization of multi-valued properties

On 01/28/2014 03:14 AM, Stewart Brodie wrote:

> * in Cascade, section "Shorthand properties" uses font as an example and
> again fails to list all the sub-properties, but given that font differs from
> every other shorthand, it may be better to use 'border' or 'outline' as the
> example here?

I think the example is a good one (and is comprehensive for L1), so I've just
updated to explain how it behaves as more properties are introduced into CSS.

> What does "font: inherit" cause to be stored in the declaration block?
> Specifically, Cascade says subproperties are set to inherit too, but what
> happens to those properties that are not "official" subproperties but are
> listed in Fonts section 3.7 as the set that are reset to their initial
> values when parsing the value?  e.g. does it set font-kerning to inherit or
> to auto?  I'm assuming 'inherit', but is that right?  I think including a
> sentence clarifying that "The CSS-wide keywords also apply to these
> additional sub-properties" would be useful.

Okay, I've clarified this in the Shorthand section:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-cascade/#shorthand

Let me know if that looks good.

~fantasai