Re: [css-counter-styles] emdash

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:09:03 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On 18/03/15 11:40, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> This is easy to implement for us (Gecko). The questions are, is that
> spec stable enough to be implemented? And even we implement this, will
> other UAs follow? If they don't follow, whatever the spec says, Daniel's
> problem will still be there.

As a whole, the CSS Lists level 3 spec might not be stable enough. (For
example, I don’t know how much review the layout algorithm of `position:
marker` has gotten.) However, this specific feature (list-style-type:
<string>) is so straightforward that I don’t see it changing in the future.

More generally, we often have multiple features in a given document that
are relatively independent. It might be useful to talk about or even
have in-spec markers for stability of individual sections.

--
Simon Sapin