Re: Suggested Solution for more RTL\LTR Agnostic Web

From: Saad F. Alothman <sothman@mci.gov.sa>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 07:49:52 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
> It does not really make sense to make it dependent on the direction of the
document (i.e. direction of the topmost element): the direction could
change any number of times between the topmost element in the document and
the element with -start or -end property

what you have just mentioned makes more sense actually. And you have made better points and remarks I believe.

My point in this thread is that I believe that it is possible to implement the start and end values, with the most logical and practical way regardless of what it is.
And it will make a great impact on such area where it is currently almost a duplication of work for the sake of supporting RTL with LTR.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D05F0A.EC73FB40]

Saad Alothman
Software Development Team Lead
eServices Department