Re: [css-text] Enclosed alphanumerics and text-align:capitalize

On 14/03/2015 19:04, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> According to the current CSS Text spec, Gecko's behavior here is
> correct, AFAICT. However, the test at [1] disagrees.
>
> JK
>

> [1]
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/run?base=css-text-3&batch=text-transform&test=text-transform/text-transform-capitalize-026.html

fwiw, it's true that, currently, the test at [1] does what Unicode
suggests by default, rather than what the CSS spec says. I'm just want
to be sure before i change it.

I'm personally inclined agree with John and Jonathan, that the CSS spec
is right. I assume that these characters are used mainly as symbols,
rather than to form  words.  I just don't feel i'm sufficiently aware of
all the possible use cases to be sure.

ri