Re: [css3-ui] file formats for the cursor property

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:28:10 +0100
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On 13 Mar 2015, at 22:14, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>> As for external references in SVG, may or must not?
>
> That's already handled; external refs aren't allowed when invoked as a
> CSS image, as that uses the "secure static" or "secure animated" form.

Cool, so that's settled. By the way, as long as we're handling animated (images, SVGs) as a should, we can probably put .cur as a should as well.

Bonus question: Does anyone have a spec for .ico, .cur and .ani? And if not, how do we make a normative reference to them?

I thought of going by MIME type, but only .ico seems to have a registered one (image/vnd.microsoft.icon), which interestingly isn't recognized by Microsoft software, which prefers image/x-icon. [1]

 - Florian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_%28file_format%29#MIME_type