Re: [css-ruby] Propose to use a different syntax for inter-character annotation

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 01:32:12 +0900
To: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
Cc: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Syntactically, among "inter-character" and Xidorn's proposal, I'm fine
either way. I personally agree with Richard though.

One concern is fallback. "inter-character" falls back better for UAs
that do not support, no? I don't know how Chinese feel it's acceptable
fallback or not though.

> rt { writing-mode: vertical-rl; }
>
> would be enough, if they don't use any <rtc>.
>
> Actually, I guess it might be good to always have anonymous ruby text
> containers "inherit" styles from their child instead of their parent. I'd
> like to open another thread to discuss this.

Can't this:

rtc, rt { writing-mode: vertical-rl; }

solve?

/koji