Re: Domain selectors

From: Jens Oliver Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:29:12 +0100
To: Marat Tanalin <mtanalin@yandex.ru>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
> >  Why would [host=] (or domain, document, or perhaps url) be so
> > objectionable?
>
> `[foo="bar"]` syntax is _already used_ for selecting elements by attributes.
> Reusing exactly this syntax for another purpose would lead to ambiguity and
> confusion.

My fault, I had used this rather liberally to demonstrate the idea; I
was going after simplicity. Indeed, we can’t use the exact same
syntax. And so I still wonder whether we have other short notations
that we could use.

If all there is to be gotten out of this is @document, however, I
think it’s better than nothing.

--