Re: [css-ui-3] box-sizing: padding-box

> On 25 Jun 2015, at 20:49, Jonathan Kingston <jonathan@jooped.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Florian,
>
> Firstly thank you for asking, this is not a game changer at all for me as I say it can be implemented using calc. (Also thanks for understanding I meant padding-box too).
> The one use-case that I had recently was implementing a variable padding based on page context on a fixed width avatar element.
>
> So yes, please progress forward as the lack of padding-box doesn't specifically harm me.

Thanks for confirming.

> I'm more interested in talking about implementing a margin-box which would have to be future levels of the specification if it were to ever be considered (I'm convinced that there won't be implementor interest either).

I don't think it would be particularly hard to specify, but indeed, it's not worth doing if there is no interest from implementors in ever implementing it. Sending messages to this list (with [css-ui-4] in the subject) with examples of designs that you cannot solve or cannot solve well without having margin-box could be one way to get some interest.

If it does pick up some steam, I'm happy to add it to the next level.

 - Florian