Re: CSS Values and Units Module Level 3: attr()

Hi, Derek.

You might find this discussion about attr() and calc() useful:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Oct/0321.html.

The short answer is that "at-risk" doesn't mean the working group doesn't
think it's useful, it's more a statement about the current implementations
of that feature and how they affect the recommendation. To quote Tab Atkins
in that thread:

> We just use it when we think there might be interop problems when it's
> time to exit CR, so we can drop them without having to cycle through Last
> Call again.  ("At Risk" is a term of art in the W3C Spec Process which means
> that removing the feature won't count as a "significant change" for the
> purpose of advancing to the Proposed Rec stage.)

Hope that clarifies things a bit,
Tom