Re: [css-2015] Snapshot prose, prefixing policy updated

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:30:20 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
On 7/20/15, 2:06 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>Tab and I just finished compiling a first draft of the 2015 Snapshot copy.
>We haven't incorporated the new specs into the indexes (it's still the
>2010 set), but we updated the intro, the process summary, and most
>importantly
>
>   We updated the prefixing policy to reflect the San Diego 2012
>resolutions:
>     http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2012/08/30/resolutions-53/

>Many thanks to Florian Rivoal for the initial draft of the new policy.
>
>Here's a link to the Editor's Draft:
>   http://drafts.csswg.org/css-2015/#experimental

>We're hereby requesting that the CSSWG review and, if the wording is an
>acceptable representation of the resolutions, approve the new policy.

Looks good to me. Two editorial nits:

Even though I know what CR is, on first glance I read “pre-CR” as a single
point in time. It might be better as “pre-CR-level,” but you just defined
“unstable” above, so we could change the first sentence of point 1 to:

1. Unstable features that are not yet interoperable should not be released
in production software…

Then I’d change the “vendors should” in point 2 to “vendors MUST” :)

Thanks,

Alan