Re: [css-page] Editorial issues regarding @page descriptors

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:50:42 -0700
To: Peter Moulder <pjrm@mail.internode.on.net>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Peter Moulder
<pjrm@mail.internode.on.net> wrote:
> Tab: What did you mean by "The page becomes an element in the element tree" ?
> E.g. why did you say so, and where should it go in the element tree relative
> to source-document elements?

Inheritance is defined over elements in the element tree.  If @page or
the @margin rules inherit from an element, or vice versa, then they're
in the element tree as well.  Like I said, at that point the
page/margin boxes effectively become pseudo-elements that just have a
weird at-rule-based syntax for legacy reasons.

Where they go in the tree is ???.

~TJ