Re: [css-flexbox] Allow specifying when wrapping should happen

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:06:31 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org
On 01/19/2015 09:52 PM, Glen Huang wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> But if I understand the fragmentation module correctly, `always`
> still introduce a page break, and `any` is a delegation like value,
> you have to define what’s the deepest fragmentation context for a
> flex layout before `any` can work in that layout.

Yes. 'always' would still introduce a page break. 'any', if we define
flex lines as trapping it, would introduce a flex line break when
specified on a flex item.

We could also introduce a 'flex' value, that would create a flex
line break if in a flex container, otherwise not.

The one concern I have is what if this value is specified within
a flex item? In that case, technically, it would cause the flex
item to split across flex lines. We don't have a very solid
definition for how flex items split yet. :/

~fantasai