RE: [css-grid] Capping the size of grids?

From: Rossen Atanassov <Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:16:12 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar@igalia.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

The current wording sounds good. I would like to see a simple formula illustrating this error handling in terms of position and size.
Example:

Assume grid line allowed bounds are A to N.
A grid item is specified as start-line : M and span : K

Position of the start edge of a grid item is computed as max(min(M, N-1), A)
Spanning is ignored and clamped to 1.

> Another option would be, if a repeat() function were involved, to clamp the
> number of repetitions rather than clamping the resulting explicit grid. Imho
> this isn't worth the additional complexity, but I'm open to other opinions.

Simple error handling is always better than clever one - I agree with you on this one.

Thanks,
Rossen