[css-align][css-inline] First/last baseline alignment

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 23:01:45 -0500
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Brad Kemper recently pointed out that we should add first/last line controls
to the vertical-align property:
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Feb/0423.html

We already have something like this in the generic alignment properties in
CSS Box Alignment, as 'baseline' and 'first-baseline'. Brad's comment made
me wonder if we shouldn't change the syntax to use separate keywords
instead, e.g.

   <baseline> = [ first | last ]? && baseline

instead of

   <baseline> = baseline | first-baseline | last-baseline

Thoughts?

Note: 'baseline' is equivalent to 'first-baseline', except when applied
to inline blocks as part of the 'vertical-align' property, in which case
they're treated as 'last-baseline'. It's a CSS2.1 quirk.

~fantasai