RE: [css-device-adaptation] Progress?

From: Christiansen, Kenneth R <kenneth.r.christiansen@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:52:59 +0000
To: David Bokan <bokan@chromium.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
CC: Matt Rakow <marakow@microsoft.com>, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
Hi there Bokan,

I am pretty happy with how the spec is right now and I am not aware of any major issues, so I assume that the IE/spartan team is happy with the spec as well. Please chime in here :-)

The reason why we didn´t attempt to ship it in Chrome originally was due to the fact that not all platforms (ie Linux/GTK – now replaced by Linux/Aura) supported scaling the content using the compositor, and I personally wanted to enable it on all platforms at the same time in order to avoid it turning into a new viewport <meta> which people would put on their page and then see it break when being turned on on desktop.

Cheers
Kenneth