Re: [css-ruby] The default value of ruby-align is undesirable for bopomofo

From: Asmus Freytag (t) <asmus-inc@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 04:33:40 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Bobby Tung <bobbytung@wanderer.tw>, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
CC: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>, www-style@w3.org, CJK discussion <public-i18n-cjk@w3.org>
On 2/10/2015 7:21 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 02/10/2015 08:15 PM, Bobby Tung wrote:
>> . In my opinion, when justified, the space should be inserted into
>> every letter spaces in the line. The principle is more important than
>> justification opportunities.
>
> Justification opportunity means "place where you insert space when
> justifying".
> So your sentence makes no sense to me...
>
> ~fantasai

I understood this to mean that when you justify in Chinese, you really
space all characters evenly -- without exception -- as odd as it may
look to those used to other languages. In other words, in a typical
Chinese line of text justification opportunities exist between each pair
of characters, and they all have the same level of priority.

A./