Re: [CSS21][css-text] percentages on text-indent

From: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:51:45 +0900
Cc: Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style@w3.org, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

> Le 11 févr. 2015 à 21:25, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> a écrit :
>
>> So please, let's change the spec (and gecko) here to match webkit's behavior.
>
> I don't have Webkit, but Blink matches Firefox. Here's the testcase:
>  http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/?saved=3413
>
> If Webkit does indeed do the sane thing, then we can change it, but
> I've seen several people misinterpret their text-indent testcases
> today, so I'm going to make you send screenshots before I believe you. :)

Webkit (Safari 8) matches Firefox (recentish nightly build) on the testcase. However, if you add `overflow: hidden` to the <p>, then the behaviour is different: no change in Safari 8, but the text-indent in Firefox is now calculated based on the width of the <p>. I’m not sure that is what the spec text expects…

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/