Re: [css-ruby] The default value of ruby-align is undesirable for bopomofo

> I discussed this with Bobby on Twitter, and he thought bopomofo should be justified like ideographic characters in theory. [1] But I don't know. I'm fine with either way.

Inline? Theoretically, Bopomofo as an inline element should not be separated by line-break, and "semantically" no justification opportunity. Behave as two emdash(——) and two ellipsis (⋯⋯).

But there's no rule about justification in Chinese layout. In my opinion, when justified, the space should be inserted into every letter spaces in the line. The principle is more important than justification opportunities.

WANDERER Bobby Tung
Sent from my iPhone.