Re: [css-fonts] controlling palette use in multi-colour fonts

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>> font-palette: light | dark | <palette-name> | [ <palette-index-name> <color> ]#
>
> I think the names “light” and “dark” might be confusing.  It’s not clear
> whether “light” means you are selecting a palette that has light colours
> (and thus looks good on a dark background) or selecting a palette that
> looks good on a light background.

I don't think that's unclear at all.  The palette names describe the
palette; all your example names clearly talk about the colors used by
the palette.  A "light" palette is thus a palette with light colors.

I mean, we could be more specific with the term, I just don't think
it's really necessary.  If we did want to, the unambiguous terminology
used is usually "light-on-dark" and "dark-on-light".