Re: Shadow tree style isolation primitive

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:37 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> By your statements implying that composition issues can just be
> handled by better discipline and some selector modification, in the
> message I responded to earlier.  I'm not sure how to interpret those
> statement if you didn't mean that composition wasn't worth solving.

I think Olli already clarified that he is happy to solve that use
case, but that it's unclear that the complexity of shadow DOM is
warranted.

Note though that e.g. React is out there solving this without need for
shadow DOM. Ember is out there and cannot use shadow DOM due to its
coupling of style isolation primitives with event retargeting and
therefore also has its own solution. (And last I heard seems to take
inspiration from React.) Talking to the developers working on these
frameworks it's pretty clear we haven't exactly nailed it here and
that it's worth exploring what can be done instead.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/