Re: [css-values] repeated values with the double-bar (||) combinator are invalid?

> On 04 Dec 2015, at 08:48, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:
>

> fantasai wrote:
>
> > The wording doesn't say anywhere that you can repeat them, it just
> > says (literally, via grammatical transform) that "one or more of the
> > options separated by || must occur, in any order"
> >
> > So I think the spec is quite clear. Where would you get the idea of
> > repeating from?
>
> I think the intent is clear but I'm not sure "repeated values are
> invalid" follows explicitly from the spec wording.
>
> The issue came up in the context of 'font-variant-east-asian'. The
> latest Webkit builds accept 'font-variant-east-asian: ruby simplified
> ruby' but Firefox rejects this as invalid so the results differ.

If anyone's actually confused (rather than the example given by John
being due to not paying attention), it may stem from "one or more".
I agree that repeating isn't what this is meant to allow, but evidence
that people are confused sounds like a legitimate reason for clarifying
a sentence, even if it looks perfectly clear to its authors (and to me).

 - Florian