Re: [css-ruby] Add "text-orientation: upright" for bopomofo annotation

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
> One confirmation; if we were to propose a change, should the first tone mark
> also included? From wikipedia[1], I understand Bopomofo does not use the
> first tone mark but Pinyin does.
>
> Better to include but not required for Bopomofo usages?

The bopomofo handbook [1] from Taiwan says that, the first tone "can
be omitted" [2]. I read this as a recommendation instead of a
requirement, and thus I'd suggest if we do this change, we should also
include the first tone, although it may not be used as usual as other
four tones.

[1] http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/ (Chinese)
[2] http://www.edu.tw/files/site_content/M0001/juyin/tt4.htm?open (Chinese)

- Xidorn