Re: [css-writing-modes] caption-side logical values should only be in css-logical-props?

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 4:14 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
wrote:

> On 08/26/2015 08:19 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
>

>> Yes for implementations that support side captions, but otherwise "top"
>> as the initial value is fine. That can be defined well
>> enough in the spec without introducing the logical values.
>>

> That's a bit weird, because 'top' *should not* mean block-start.
> We're just trapped in a weird situation due to legacy.

It's not a mapping. If "top" is not supported in vertical flow, the default
behavior is "before".

> The CSS Logical properties are still very early draft, and is subject to
>> change. The caption-side property does not worth to
>> make an exception, which could cause troubles when large changes are made
>> to the spec.
>>

> This is not a logical property, it's logical values. We already
> have some in CSS3 Text, for example, in text-align

Defining this in the table spec (if we have one) or the logical props spec
makes sense. Having only this in writing modes looks so special.

At risk is also fine with me, I just don't want this section to block
Writing Modes spec to go forward.

/koji