[css-animations] Should changing animation-delay cause an animation to run?

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 12:05:01 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
I can’t find a section in the CSS Animations spec[1] that describes exactly what triggers the running of a CSS animation. This came up recently because an article[2] had an example[3] that worked in Chrome and FF, but not WebKit, and this example relies on the fact that changing animation-delay is making an animation run again.

This seems wrong to me. I think that only changes in animation-name (and maybe the presence of referenced @keyframes) should trigger running.

I seem to recall that David Baron was planning to write some prose for this?

Simon

[1] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-animations/
[2] https://css-tricks.com/debugging-css-keyframe-animations/
[3] http://codepen.io/team/css-tricks/pen/LVMMGZ