Re: [animations] appendRule() and deleteRule() impact on currently running animations

> On 12 Aug 2015, at 10:39 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
>> That was the original intent, and hopefully the way we implement it in
>> WebKit: an animation continues to use its original configuration no matter
>> what happens to it, other than it being removed.
>
> Chrome intends the other behavior, matching Firefox, because of the
> WG's general agreement that changes to animations should be
> immediately reflected.  We consider our current behavior a bug.

Now that you mention it, I remember this being discussed, and I think I may have agreed at the time.

Has it been specified anywhere? I assume that any changes cause you to immediately snap to the new calculated values? And did we decide to fire any events you would have received in the change? Do we wind back time and unfire any events that fired but now would not have? :)

Dean