Re: Border Curvature Proposal

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 15:03:23 -0700
Cc: Una Kravets <una.kravets@gmail.com>, Lea Verou <lea@verou.me>, Jacob Parker <jacobparker1992@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>

> On Aug 5, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
> CSS border rendering is already insanely complex. Can we please not extend it any further and instead progress Custom Painting to allow users to do whatever effects they want?

Funny; I think a lot of us authors consider existing border capabilities to be pretty rudimentary, regardless of implementor complexities. That's not a criticism, just the lay of the land right now. Besides lack of corner shape control beyond rounding, there is no control over dashes and dots (shape/length/spacing), no multiple-border support, no border-offset, no images-along-a-border-path, and only 3x3 border images (no 5x5, 5x3, etc.).

What is Custom Painting?