Re: [css-sizing] Unprefixing min-content, max-content, etc

On 08/05/2015 11:41 AM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I wanted to ask for an official opinion from the CSSWG about
> unprefixing the new sizing keywords, i.e.
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-sizing/#size-keywords
>
> I am concerned about the various open issues that are still listed in
> this section. Also, we (Blink) are not currently implementing
> repudiate-floats at all and I would like to unprefix anyway, if
> possible.

Yeah, I think we discussed this in the WG already, with the point
that we should be releasing these unprefixed. I'll try to dig it
up to see if that concluded.

In any case, I think it might be worthwhile to port these keywords
into an appendix of Grid Layout, since that's likely to hit CR
faster than Sizing, and also happens to introduce several of these
keywords itself via grid-template-rows/columns.

The only remaining issue I have in my head is, is 'fill' too ambiguous?
Maybe we should revert to the previous name, 'fill-available'?

> (On a separate note, the grammar does not list repudiate-floats, is
> that an oversight?)

Probably. :) We also would also like a less-stupid name, as mentioned...
But most cases for this will be handled by 'display: flow-root', so
likely to drop from this level in any case.

~fantasai