Re: [css-animations] Editorial: 'intrinsic style'

On Thursday 2014-09-04 19:29 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> On Sep 3, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
> > I made that diagram. Unfortunately I can’t find the original, sorry :(
> >
> Ah well, it's all right.
>
> Aside from the diagram, any objections to 'specified style' per its css-cascade definition? Or what it meant to imply something else?

Well, in some sense the animation also provides a specified style.
And there are also some cases where other things override animations
in the cascade (e.g., with !important):
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-cascade/#cascade-origin
the diagram predates the decision of exactly how animations and
transitions fit in to the cascade.

The diagram also glosses over the distinction between specified and
computed styles, i.e., there's a computation process happening
somewhere around those arrows.

I tend to think it might be better to just remove the diagram,
simplify the associated text, and refer to css-cascade.

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄒   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂