Re: [css-animations] animation-iteration-count: infinite and animation-duration: 0s

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 11:23:46 +0200
To: Brian Birtles <bbirtles@mozilla.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thursday 2014-09-04 11:27 +0900, Brian Birtles wrote:
>   animation-duration: 0s;
>   animation-iteration-count: infinite;
>   animation-fill-mode: both;

>   a) let active duration = 0 -> final key frame value is shown,
> start/end events are dispatched

I think I actually prefer (a).  It seems like this is an error case,
and the easiest way to handle the error would be by producing the
result you'd get if animation-iteration-count were anything other
than infinite.

>   b) let active duration = infinity -> initial key frame value is
> shown, start event only is dispatched

This doesn't make particular sense to me.

>   c) it's invalid -> nothing is shown, no events are dispatched

This wuold be ok.  Not sure whether it feels consistent with the
rest of the model, though.

I don't feel particularly strongly about any of this, though.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.